View Single Post
Old 21.09.2011, 18:45

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
a.j.b is considered knowledgeablea.j.b is considered knowledgeablea.j.b is considered knowledgeable
Re: extra fees for early termination of the lease agreement???

Quote:
View Post
The fee is 50 chf. But I dont think the sum really matters, since , to my knowledge, they don’t have the right to ask for anything… or am I wrong?
I actually paid these 50 CHf to release the guarantee payment, but I still want to know if it was correct from their part to ask for this money…

Thanks for your replies!
I don't think 50CHF is bad at all although I wouldn't consider myself that well informed on this.

When I looked up the details for leaving my apartment I read that the landlord had 4 weeks to arrange / choose / sort the new tenancy with the person/s I suggested as new tenant/s.

Considering that this has all been completed in under 2 weeks I think you could have lost out / paid considerably more for being able to leave in such short notice.

I would pay and be grateful that it all got sorted so quickly (particularly in relation to the Swiss rental market). Not worth fighting this even if it is on principle - would be too costly anyway to fight. Like others have said 50CHF seems like an admin charge (also in the way that they / you have described what they have said in your post) and seems pretty reasonable to me.
This user would like to thank a.j.b for this useful post: