View Single Post
Old 21.09.2011, 23:33

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Pullrod has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hungarian sex workers flooding to Zurich

Quote:
I've just noticed this, and feel obliged to comment.

Many years ago, when working in a rough part of Wolverhampton, I was approached by a prostitute looking for 'business'. I was neither broke nor engaged. I politely refused.

I refused because paying for sex with strangers who may be enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay their college fees is wrong - to some extent because most of those strangers are not enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay their college fees - but mainly because it's just plain wrong. But absolute morals are a bit unfashionable these days, so I'll leave that argument for a while.

So... returning to the notion that some of these women might be enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay their college fees, could we not argue that, by extension, rape is fine, too? After all, many women, supposedly, fantasise about it, enjoy it, want it.

Never mind that most of them don't, surely it must be ok, going by the logic used in support of prostitution presented by some people in this thread, no?

As Odile observed above: if you visit a prostitute, do you interview her first to establish that she's one of these mythical creatures who are enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay her college fees, or do you just get down to it without regard for the irritating and inconvenient facts of prostitution?

I eagerly await your responses.

Your childish innocence might be endearing to some, but I can't be bothered with it any more.

Those are some words in one of your precendent posts. So please follow your own advice. You have no intention(as i said before) to contribute to this thread and are laughing to people who has been involved directly(or indirectly) with this kind of stuff. Your only intention is to have the last word and prove that your were/are right.