View Single Post
Old 21.09.2011, 23:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 26 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,004 Times in 1,827 Posts
Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hungarian sex workers flooding to Zurich

Quote:

I refused because paying for sex with strangers who may be enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay their college fees is wrong - to some extent because most of those strangers are not enjoying it/minting it/writing a book about it/doing it to pay their college fees - but mainly because it's just plain wrong.

I eagerly await your responses.
Well, alright, I'll take the bait.

Why? Why is it wrong?

If someone wants to pay me to rub their back, that's fine; if they want to pay me to rub their johnson that's not fine? Or only wrong if I let them put their johnson in a bodily orifice? Why?

Is this a common decency thing?

Yes I know there are women who are coerced and forced into a sex slave trade, which is clearly wrong. But someone who turns tricks, pimp or no pimp, because they chose to- for whatever reasons- they chose to; why is it fundamentally wrong to pay them for their services?

"What father wants his daughter to grow up to be a prostitute?"

I doubt that any caring father wants that.

What father wants his child to grow up to foreclose on family homes? What father wants his child to be CEO of a company who shuts down their factory and ships production to a sweatshop in a 3rd world country? I know I know- we can't bring that sh!t into this discussion, not allowed. Wrong. We're talking about sex here. The destruction of families' lives and child labor and all that is another discussion (funny we don't have biannual threads dozens of pages long on those topics ) So TF what? If someone chooses to offer sex for money, and someone is willing to pay, why is that wrong? On a fundamental level, I ask? Common decency? I suppose? And I'll bet if we get a foreclosure thread going there will be plenty of comments like,'Oh they should have planned ahead, it's not the bank's fault they missed a few payments', or a sweatshop thread,'well, business is business, one has to do what's necessary to compete in a global market'. Yeah yeah. So a chick decides to take a job selling her bod rather than be a cashier at the Relay, now the world is really going rotten. Ha!

I wouldn't be a customer, I find it distasteful and it turns my stomach. I would probably have reservations about dealing with someone who frequents prostitutes, as I would about many other people, because I find certain things incompatible with my personal moral code. But to declare something simply wrong invites a bit more discussion. So on with the dead horse (which I find delicious BTW, but many others find unacceptable and morally wrong to consume ).
The following 8 users would like to thank Mud for this useful post: