View Single Post
Old 27.09.2011, 14:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zayana has earned some respectZayana has earned some respect
EFer stuck in Russia; Mother in ZH+VD; a Russian speaker ZH/VD to meet up for 1 day?

Hello, EF!
When I found myself in this stupid situation I felt like I want to write something on EF but could not choose the section

It could fit an introduction section beause I have never wrote there - that I am young Russian, living between Zurich and Lausanne (mainly near Zurich, on week-ends near Lausanne), working in IT (banking software) and travelling a lot because of the work.

Could also fit the complaints section (I know its not about CH but its a complaint for sure ) So I was in one more business trip in Russia and tried to change my passport (the one for travelling) because I recently changed my surname. The girl who accepted documents obviously never read the law and destroyed my passport because decided its not valid any more.

On this day I had to fly back to Switzerland and not alone - with my mom who had a Swiss visa for 1 week only.

Result: my speaking only Russian mom is in my apt on Lake Zurich, my not russian speaking hubby is furious and I am lonely and crying all my tears stuck in Russia for God knows how long.

The only thing I could invent is to announce a one day job among job adverts here (http://www.englishforum.ch/jobs-offe...ml#post1354306)

But not sure I can afford to pay 4 days a private guide (my mom leaves on the 1st October). So I hope there are Russian speakers who live near Rapperswil or Rolle just to meet for a cup of coffee or to go for a walk with you and your kids or whatever.

Please, PM me. I am really looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks in advance!

P.S. Will bring good russian vodka and caviar with me when I finally come back home to Switzerland

Last edited by Zayana; 27.09.2011 at 15:29. Reason: Forgot the important note which added in P.S.