View Single Post
Old 27.09.2011, 16:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 324 Times in 260 Posts
Thanked 17,301 Times in 9,448 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Confusion with basic insurance cover - help please,

Quote:
View Post
Hi all, just wondering if someone can help me as my insurance company have so far not been able to. My son who has accidental insurance cover along with his health insurance had an accident at the park last month and a Swiss woman called an ambulance for him. We were billed the shocking amount and have paid it a few days late I have just realised, sending the bill off to insurance company tomorrow. Can they refuse to pay out because I stupidly didn't pay on time? I know they say to notify them immediately but what exactly does this mean because they have still not sent out t&c to us.

Also will they cover 50% or something different?

A separate question - we are wanting to try for a baby soon...as in now but have been here nine months and I hear you need to be insured for a year before being covered for hospitalisation etc. Does this mean that scans, tests etc will not be covered if I get pregnant before the year is up? I also will need a c-section - is this covered and by how much? Do we pay 10% of everything?

Many thanks in advance for info
I am not sure that the ambulance will be covered with basic insurance, paying a few days late wont be a problem, not paying is not a reason to avoid a pay out for legally required insurance.