View Single Post
Old 01.10.2011, 17:04
Mishto Mishto is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mishto has no particular reputation at present
Common-law marriage and consequences in CH

Dear all,

could anyone, please, advise me. I am a non-EU having working permit in Switzerland. My German boyfriend is still married and this matter doesn't seem to end very soon.
We would like to have kids together and waiting for the next two years with planning is a bit too long because it mightn't happen straight away and age is cruicial. On the other side, I am concerned about my status in Switzerland, since the permit is employer dependent and means that I cannot even stay with the kid for more that 4 months at home (to stay in CH I have to work). Is there any possibility to get something like wife B permit based on common-law marriage (with a kid) with EU working here?

Please, point me to the law.
Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote