View Single Post
Old 26.11.2007, 11:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Theft from unlocked car - insurance claim

Quote:
View Post
My car was left unlocked in my basement garage and my navigation device was left in the car.

As you can imagine, the device was stolen.

Before I call my insurance company about this, does the fact that the car was unlocked mean it was pure neglegence on my part, making any attempt at an insurance claim futile?

The thieves even had the courtesy to put the cigarette lighter back into the socket after stealing the TomTom charger. The lighter was in the glove compartment.

Ha, Ha, obviously the bit about it being unlocked was a *Joke*, ohh, that dark British Humour.

Amazing how these guys can open doors without a key, even with modern deadlocks etc. Gosh, your insurance company will be surprised but at least it WASN'T left unlocked, eh?

Dude

(Make a small hole in the rubber door-surround, just near where it meets the roof of the vehicle. Use a skewer or something, and it's a pity about the tiny scratches around the frame...those chappies certainly know what they were doing...etc. etc.)