View Single Post
Old 07.10.2011, 16:32

Groaned at 6 Times in 1 Post
Wakey is considered knowledgeableWakey is considered knowledgeableWakey is considered knowledgeable
Re: Travel Insurance

Quote:
View Post
Hello! I've got a problem!

I came to Switzerland last Sat and will be here until mid Dec. Admist my crazy busy last days in Singapore, I totally forgot to purchase travel insurance before leaving the country.... and having called a few insurances in Singapore, now they won't let me purchase a plan as I have already left the country...

I am rather worried not having insurance for so long, what if something happens, get a cold, get in an accident while driving or skiing (touch wood!) so is there anything else I can do?? Is there an insurance I can purchase here?? Any advise greatly appreciated!
What is your reason for being here? If you have a job, your employer should give you accident insurance.
If you have swiss health insurance, but no job you need to arrange Swiss accident insurance yourself.

If you are only here temporary on a tourist visa, and still registered in Singapore, I find it very strange that they do not want to insure you... Maybe you should not tell them that you have already left the country?

In most other cases (ie no tourist) you will need to get Swiss health insurance!