View Single Post
Old 13.10.2011, 11:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smokers on railway stations

Quote:
View Post
Having been here now for about 6 weeks I've noticed that, while waiting for trains to Zurich, or back at night, that some people (smokers) seem to think it is totally acceptable to stand next to some normal person (non-smoker) and puff on their cancer-sticks, exhaling their carcinogenic fumes for everyone else to inhale... so (with looks of disgust) I just move somewhere else on the gleiss only to have the same thing happen again.
Ok, 'when in Rome' and all that... but is this normal acceptable behaviour in Switzerland, or are these people just the Swiss equivalent of the anti-social scum we have in England... because even if I was (god forbid) a smoker then I wouldn't force someone else to endanger their health in this way....

any thoughts ?

You have every right to move away. Why did you not exercise your right ?

It's your health, either maintain your position and risk instant death by passive nicotine or gracefully move away and protect your health. Do not expect others to worry about your health, it's yours, do what you have to.

BTW, your walk to the station, in the city fumes and polution was more dangerous.
The following 5 users would like to thank Upthehatters2008 for this useful post: