View Single Post
Old 14.10.2011, 19:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Britain targets 6,000 HSBC accounts in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I don't know where you get your knowledge, whether you've worked in a bank or such, but I have first-hand knowledge that the account holders are identifiable. Read the link above, or do some of your own googling; account holders can be identified if necessary. The difference is really just the number of people who can do the identification.

Oh, and regarding the paper-only thing.... Even if there are some banks that don't digitize information, you do realize that forensics were done prior to computerized systems, right? It's harder work, perhaps, but quite possible.
I have worked on several numbered accounts systems. Including security , design and implementation. I doubt very much that any numbers identify individuals. The correlation and resolving systems are simply too secure. It's the bread and butter reputation of the bank at stake.
This user would like to thank Upthehatters2008 for this useful post: