View Single Post
Old 26.09.2006, 11:46
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TV repair / disposal help

Quote:
In my very unprofessional capacity, my verdict was that a couple of fuses and a resistor need replacing.
Sorry jot, you just made my day. Of all the components the resistors are probably the least likely to fail. But you impressed me by even getting the diagram out poking about

Anyway, onto disposal. You can now take your old electrical items to any store and hand them over, whether they were bought there or not. The recycling charge you pay for new stuff now applies to all old stuff (I think this is new since one or two years).

Not sure if you own a car or not, but if not this could be interesting. There is also a special rubbish tram that drives around and takes stuff like that, but they have a rule that if you drive up to the tram you aren't allowed to leave your rubbish. So you'll have to carry it through the streets to the tram stop