View Single Post
Old 13.11.2011, 10:11
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,312 Posts
ecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the cheapest way to transfer money from UK to Swiss bank account?

Reviving a part of this thread .. and not the part of the thread that is in the title, but the discussion about what to do with the money that you have transferred.

I have been advised to not keep money in the UK as even though I am non resident, I will be required to report to the Inland Revenue with regard to the interest earned etc, which my advisor says "will be a nuisance". (Will it?)

His advice is to transfer it into a GBP account in CH and to wait until the interest rate perks up (I have no immediate need for the money at the moment).

Which banks offer free GBP accounts? And from this thread, am I getting the feeling that I will then face a poor exchange rate when I eventually changing my money into CHF as I will not be able to shop around for a rate?

Up until now, I have usually transferred GBPs to CHF by using a foreign exchange trading company and depending on the amount I want to exchange, have usually been quite successful at going between several companies and negotiating a good rate.

This is not something I do very often. Advice from the more savy members of the forum would be greatly appreciated.