View Single Post
Old 14.11.2011, 11:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coop caught selling old meat as new

Quote:
This doesn't bother me as much as incorrect storage, for example. Coop meat counters don't handle money so there is no contamination there. As long as there are hand washing facilities in use, there is little risk from clean, ungloved hands.

I think I have read on here a link showing that people who use gloves are less precise with their hygiene, relying on a false sense of security with the gloves or tongs.

In all of this stupid episode and high indignance by the media somehow trying to scaremonger I haven't read of any outbreaks of food poisoning.

If there had been outbreaks of E-Coli or Salmonella I think I would have been slightly more concerned.

Fresh beef?? No thanks - why doesn't anyone mature the meat any more? Slaughter house to plate in an afternoon
Well, for one, the media here does a fine, fine job at downplaying and under-reporting anything. I once observed a lady stocking shelves, when she was called to the meat counter. She didn't wash her hands, handled meat, then went over to the cheese counter to cut up some cheese with the same knife and then went back to the meat counter.