View Single Post
Old 14.11.2011, 11:27

Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
100% has become a little unpopular100% has become a little unpopular
Re: Coop caught selling old meat as new

it is very 'he said, she said' and mostly disgruntled ex-employees are pretty unreliable witnesses.

Even if it did occur, this is such an isolated incident and comes down to crappy management in one branch of Coop, which in my opinion far surpasses Migros for quality.

So far as Swiss use by dates go, I have noticed a lot of anomalies lately. If I buy identically packaged Uncle Ben's rice, Bonne Maman jam, spices and herbs etc in a French supermarket the same week as I do in a Swiss one, the use by dates in France are up to even 2 years further away.

Going by the amount of wastage we have in Switzerland and my nose telling me that products are still fine, either the supermarkets here are storing their foods for way too long before putting them on the shelves, or their is a supermarket conspiracy going on where they stamp an early date so we have to buy more.
food hygiene in Switzerland, like the toilet hygiene is generally far higher than any other country I know. Though admittedly, when I briefly worked at a McDonalds here, the staff broke all of the rules that we would have been sacked for breaking back in the old country.
This user would like to thank 100% for this useful post: