View Single Post
Old 19.11.2011, 05:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 23,066 Times in 8,347 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS shrinks investment bank, halves risky assets

Quote:
View Post
With Asia growing someone will have to manage the fortunes from Asia.
I guess you meant "of"... but "from" is what I think we will see: Switzerland did not become big in banking cause their banks are so good or competitive. The country got big cause it offered stability which is something large parts of the world didn't have. So it's a great place for African dictators and 3rd world "businessmen" to store their money. On top of that was it always a great place to "optimize" your German taxes.

Asia on the other hand, especially the fast growing part, is stable. While they have a bucket of problems do I personally believe that even the PRC is more stable than the EU right now. I don't see why Asians would bring their money to Switzerland, the Swiss banks will (and do) have to come over here. And they will have to compete, something they aren't that used to. For the topic does that translate to more UBS and CS jobs in Asia in the future... not necessarily in Zurich.
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: