View Single Post
Old 25.11.2011, 03:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: is your salary fair ? Consider this:

Quote:
View Post
I didnt ask him to answer accurately, I just ask for best answer...the way he replied, like a singaporean as usual, makes me feel lazy to reply to him. and while it is hard, it is not impossible. The fact that Im asking this is because I dont know the market rate for Switzerland(job agency does), and Geneva in specific. Besides, I ask 1 question, he/she answered in 3 sentences :S
Eh, Don't worry about it. It is a difficult question without knowing specifics. Generalization won't help you. Looking at the links he provided, lower scale jobs look over paid & high scale jobs look under paid.

Anyway, the UN usually have everything out in the open and if you are applying for a the position directly with the UN, the job ad will list everything on it including grade & salary. If you are looking at a contractor position or working through an agency then that's a whole different story.

If you think Trev sounds like a Singaporean I'm sure he will feel happy that he is now well integrated!