View Single Post
Old 02.12.2011, 10:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xmas tree prices?

Quote:
View Post
Hey guys,

I searched for a relevant post but couldnt seem to find anything.

Im looking to buy my first ever christmas tree (real of course) in switzerland this weekend and was just wondering about prices.

I've seen some outside Mirgo's but there were no prices. Just wondered if any of you knew how much on average it will cost to buy a real tree? Nothing too big, just medium/average size, say 5"5ish?

I live in basel incase that might make a difference :P

thanks!!
Check at the usual "hardware store" type places, I think they usually have the better prices.

My m-i-l usually takes us to Obi to get our tree, they generally have colored strips attached near the top - the colors are coded to the price.

A tree that size is probably going to run upwards of 70chf... our "little" (to me) tabletop trees (in the 3-foot range) usually cost something around 40chf I think. (The artificial ones that are above 5ft tend to run over 100chf) Meanwhile, the sale flyer for Obi is saying they have a sale on trees until the 11th, starting from 25chf.

We also go to Hornbach in Weil am Rhine for some hardware / home type stuff, their sale on trees looks to start about 20 (with ones around the size you mention looking to start around 29).