Thread: Is this a Scam?
View Single Post
Old 03.12.2011, 19:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 32 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,463 Posts
MacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond reputeMacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond reputeMacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond reputeMacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond reputeMacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond reputeMacGregor's Daughter has a reputation beyond repute
Is this a Scam?

Following the thread about the old lady who got cheated on I was wondering if the following is a scam too and if anybody else on the forum has been contacted in a similar way:

On Thursday I received a phone call with the caller id visible, but the number unknown to me. Against my usual habit (they could always leave a message in the am if it was important) I picked up the phone. The man on the other end asked if I was Mrs.so-and-so and I said yes. Then he told me he had found our number in the phone directory because he was specifically looking for US nationals in the Zug area who would be willing to come to a garage in Cham to test a new device they wanted to lance in the US market that is something new in a Porsche Cayenne. It would take us about 60-90 minutes and we would get 150 francs for it. Me being an absolute car freak I said we might be interested. Then he asked me what kind of car do I drive and what kind of car MG's sil and if we had i-phones. At this point I said, listen, I'll discuss it with my husband and can we call you back? And he gave me his phone number and said there was also a Mr. so-and-so who would speak English and we should ask for him.

Has this happened to anyone else and is this a scam or for real?
This user would like to thank MacGregor's Daughter for this useful post: