View Single Post
Old 07.12.2007, 13:18

Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Nickj has made some interesting contributions
Re: Astra @ (for Sky) and Hotbird 13 degrees from same dish

Quote:
View Post
Okay, so I went to a little satelitte shop here in Fribourg to find out about multifeeders and diseqc stuff, and he ended up proposing a full sky package via my modem for CHF350 per year. He says that it's a common thing here takes a day to set up and programme. It appears to work along the same lines as the Bluewin TV. He guarantees Sky sports, sky movies and all the other sky channels etc. If this works then CHF30 per month seems a steal, anyone heard of this system?

Nick.
Just to follow up with this, I was back at the shop today to get a couple of things and they once again proposed this Sky package, so I got a few more details, essentially you have to get a Dreambox (+/- CHF300 is what they said) and you have to have a satellite signal and a internet broadband connection I don't know the technical details but suffice to say, they come round and install the programmed dreambox and you then receive the full Sky package (sports, movies etc) the Premiere package and TPS, all this costs CHf450 per year. They have been doing this now for a couple of years with no problems, if there is a problem they will happily refund. If your Internet connection is down then the sky stuff wont work .
They assure me that they have installed this in many expat houses and have no disgruntled customers.
Maybe worth thinking about for having all that for CHF38 month.
Shops link is here: http://www.starsat.ch/locations.html

Nick