View Single Post
Old 21.12.2011, 17:41
Banned

Groaned at 321 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 1,441 Times in 681 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
You know it's bad when you are given price quote with the question...Are you sitting?

2 days ago called the insurance guy (from wife's company) to get a quote to register a car under my name. 9+ years clean license holder, never accidents, over 26 years old, normal car even without any options inside, basic. When the broker called, said to me, please be sited. 2100.- CHF for part casco insurance or 3000.- for full casco This was the cheapest one, offers were going in the range of 4500.-CHF.

Checked comparis before, got quotes for around 1500.- cheapest. But I am not sure if it's the partial casco or if there are catches, as I really don't understand the insurance deals.

Obviously, the problem is my eastern European nationality. Statistically, they say, we do a lot of problems so we have to pay. I guess ex-pats pay more in Switzerland but people from third world countries even more!

I went along with the broker as I need plates immediately and don't really understand the deals on comparis, plus I called one for the price given on the quote and they said I was not eligible for it. But they offered me a more expensive one, so I guess it will be all the same, until I learn more.