View Single Post
Old 01.03.2006, 11:21
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile Phone Contracts had any problems

Hi litespeed, I was an ADSL customer - went through the pain of getting it right from the very beginning, and dealing with an ISP called Tiscali, which is probably one of the worst customer service experiences in my life. Back in those days dealing with cablecom was an absolute nightmare as well, but things seem to have changed. About a year ago I switched over from ADSL to cablecom and have been happy ever since. I also used the opportunity to switch over to their digital phone service - this gave me the added satisfaction of completely cancelling my ISDN line so my apartment is now completely Swisscom free. I've dealt with monopoly phone companies in a few countries and it is NEVER a pleasant experience. I'm so happy that in Switzerland cablecom at least provides some stiff competition in this sector - they have always managed to force Swisscom's hand in increasing ADSL bandwidth and lowering prices. If it weren't for them we'd still be paying for fortune for 256k! That said, cablecom still provides much more bandwidth (especially upstream) for a lower cost than ADSL! Anyway a bit off topic, sorry..