View Single Post
Old 04.01.2012, 13:18
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
wattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carbon monoxide in cellar?

Oh for goodness sake stop with all the scare mongering please - the carbon monoxide in our cellar is not at a level that is going to kill anybody - really - not - the guy said that. I already know all about carbon monoxide thanks.

Everyone in the house is fine - with not even mild cold like symptoms which are the first indicators of chronic low level poisoning. We are not being poisoned neither acutely or chronically. The windows have been fitted for 4 months.

I am not disregarding the guys advice, I just wanted to know whether anyone has any similar issues in their cellars and whether it's necessary to ventilate permanently or only e.g. only when the boiler is on (obviously it's generally not on when we are out during the day).

The smell is of course not CO as it doesn't smell - as I said it's the boiler sucking air back from the radiators/flue.