View Single Post
  #8  
Old 04.01.2012, 14:40
cannut's Avatar
cannut cannut is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,909
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,401 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carbon monoxide in cellar?

Quote:
View Post
Oh for goodness sake stop with all the scare mongering please - the carbon monoxide in our cellar is not at a level that is going to kill anybody - really - not - the guy said that. I already know all about carbon monoxide thanks.

Everyone in the house is fine - with not even mild cold like symptoms which are the first indicators of chronic low level poisoning. We are not being poisoned neither acutely or chronically. The windows have been fitted for 4 months.

I am not disregarding the guys advice, I just wanted to know whether anyone has any similar issues in their cellars and whether it's necessary to ventilate permanently or only e.g. only when the boiler is on (obviously it's generally not on when we are out during the day).

The smell is of course not CO as it doesn't smell - as I said it's the boiler sucking air back from the radiators/flue.
You are wrong it can kill you and enyone ells in the building ,if I would have ben the heating guy I would have shot down the Boiler, till the situation is rectified and
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post: