View Single Post
Old 04.01.2012, 14:58
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
wattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carbon monoxide in cellar?

Okay okay, thank you for the replies (really), I'm just having a bad day for a number of reasons (kids driving me nuts for one thing). Apologies for sounding like an ungrateful tosser .

The CO level the guy registered in the cellar - when he arrived and before we had opened any windows (so, whatever had been building up in there for the last 3 weeks) was 5ppm, which is nowhere near enough for there to be any effects - and OK, so I'm relying on wikipedia here but it says you need around 35ppm exposure for 8 hours solid to feel even mild headaches. So really, whilst I'm not happy there is CO in our cellar at all I'm also not that worried about it. Probably the level has been like that since we moved in 6 years ago - I don't know - nobody else ever checked it.

So, no idea why I didn't think of it before but I can also leave the door to the other cellar room (our nuclear bunker) open - there is just a grill on the window there (no glass). At the end of the day we have to replace the boiler. Was just hoping not to have to face that expense this year (especially since DH might be made redundant in a couple of months).

OK, I'll stop now, I'll let you know what the CO monitor says when it arrives (should be tomorrow) if you're interested.

Sorry
The following 7 users would like to thank wattsli1 for this useful post: