View Single Post
Old 12.12.2007, 18:04

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marion87 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Do I have to get a TV licence from Billag?

Billag guy came round today. I thought at first he was someone to fix the tv (which has pictures but no sound, well, it buzzes loudly). So I said yes we do have a tv, then realised the mistake. now I have a tv licence starting from december in my name for a tv that isn't mine and doesn't work.

also he said it was CHF23 every 3 months when the bill arrived. but now I realise from the internet its CHF23 PER month, its just the bill arrives every 3 months...

I technically don't have internet and said we had no radios so I'm not paying for that but it is still going to be a bit and probably quite a struggle to make my housemates pay for it even though its their tv. I was also under the impression that they HAD a license. when asked about it when I arrived they told me how much it was. I assumed this meant they had one.

this is so annoying. I keep getting the swiss try and bill me for things that aren't mine or that don't need to pay. e.g. as I am in receipt of a grant from the Swiss Governement I don't need to pay residence tax. doesn't stop them trying to make me though. what really got me was when I received that letter it said if I didn't reply in 10 days i was essentially going to be put on their equivalent of emergency tax but the letter ws sent cheaply so took 5 days to get to me. In the end the university dealt with them for me. No such luck here I suppose..