View Single Post
Old 05.01.2012, 20:06
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
wattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond reputewattsli1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carbon monoxide in cellar?

So... I said I'd report back after my own CO monitoring.... the detector arrived this morning so I set it up and (just because I'm a bit of a psycho and everyone was out today anyway) I closed up the window in the cellar and left it all day.

So after 8 hours of running the boiler in an enclosed space, the CO monitor is registering.....

...... drum roll.......

zero

I tested it - and it definitely works, batteries are good etc.

Then I read all the instructions about where to mount the thing to get an accurate reading etc. and it's located just fine - OK I haven't drilled it to the wall but it says it should be fine free standing also.

So, I think this is what you could call a false alarm (or not, since the alarm is most definitely not going off!)

Nevertheless, I have to say I feel a lot safer having the thing in the house and it was only a few bucks off Amazon. So, if anything I'd recommend if you have an oil burning heater in your house, just get one, it's worth the peace of mind if nothing else.

[Oh, and I did open the window again, just in case ]
The following 3 users would like to thank wattsli1 for this useful post: