View Single Post
Old 01.03.2006, 12:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 42 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile Phone Contracts had any problems

WRT upload speeds, for me it's quite important as I have a webserver at home and as Cablecom TOS are now, it's not in breach as they only forbid reselling the service....so my 400kbps up is GOOD.

For Joe Schmoe, however, 2000 down at 49 francs is far cheaper than 2000 down at 75 francs.....so the price will be driven down. It has to be.

WRT moving......I moved with cablecom + digitalphone, I told them about my move months in advance and it still took 10 days to come active.

They could've also allocated a new number to me and notified me BEFORE my move.

I am supplimenting my home phone/internet shortly with a WIFI phone that I will use via sipgate.co.uk - I have a phone number with them registered in my folks' locality....so they can call on the cheap and I can call out (say, to Sky or someone ) and appear in the UK. Fab

I think Cablecom will leave prices as-is and double bandwidth IN BOTH DIRECTIONS by July. 4000/800 anyone? Should be just enough!