View Single Post
Old 18.01.2012, 10:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,915 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cost of cleaning lady

I use www.putzfrauenvermittlung.ch - it's about 40chf an hour.

I like using an agency because they are responsible for the legal stuff, my cleaner clocks in and out properly, I don't have to deal with the cleaner (my cleaner doesn't speak English, and has basic German, so even if I try to use German she won't necessarily understand me)...

She does our 5.5 room apartment in 3 hours, once a fortnight, and it sparkles. She also does a small amount of ironing if I put it out for her, but most weeks I don't have the ironing, so she just does the 3 hour clean. Also, the agency promotes that they will do 'extras' - my cleaner usually choses one 'extra' (within the allotted time) - one time it might be the windows, another time the doors, and occasionally I defrost the fridge or freezer the day before and she will clean it properly...or the oven...etc

I certainly don't earn 40chf an hour, but my husband and I both work, and having a good cleaner is something that helps our household to run smoothly.

I reckon a good professional cleaner can do twice as much in an hour than an 'amateur' -mine is a part time worker and she has to be back home to meet her child at lunch time from school, so she arrives and leaves promptly at the planned time...no paying for 'wasted' time...or having them tell you it's going to take longer so you have to pay more...