View Single Post
Old 18.01.2012, 16:42
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 51 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 1,742 Times in 719 Posts
simplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone ever challenged a planning application?

Quote:
View Post
We are renting an apartment whilst we look to purchase a house. The apartments have a piece of rough land to the side and we have always thought that someone would want to build on it. The land is very close to our bedrooms and balcony.

Over Christmas our worst fears came true. A number of large tall rods were inserted into the ground marking out the area where the builder wants to put the new building. I have checked on our Gemeinde website and they have just put in an application to build two apartment blocks with underground parking.

I will be going to look at the planning documents at the Gemeinde and am hoping to be able to submit an objection to them based on them being too close to our apartment block.

I don't know the law in this area over here so I wondered whether anyone has been through similar and can share experiences?
In a case like this the "Näherbaurecht" (right to build a building close to another buildung) has to be granted by the owner of the neibouring plots and houses. Check with the owner of you appartement block if that's the case.
This user would like to thank simplon for this useful post: