Thread: Mobile phones
View Single Post
Old 21.01.2012, 15:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile phones

I have o2 pay as you go sim, the calls cost me 35p a minute to make, 10pm a minute to receive. text cost 10p a minute to send and are free to receive. I used to have a contract with o2 changing to pay as you go, worked out cheaper for international.

There are different deals in Switzerland so you will have to check out what suits you.

If you have 2 mobile handsets, it might suit to have one of each, so then you know everyone in the UK still have your details. I have often done this in travelling within different countries. I have often left my UK one at home and checked it in the evening to see if any messages/missed calls.

A sim card in Switzerland will usually cost around chf40.00, but sometimes you buy it for X amount with either so much credit or a token to buy credit.

You have to decide whether to buy pay as you go or contract. if pay as you go, check out the offers at Micros. If you get a contract, remember to keep a note of the end date, so that you remember to give notice