View Single Post
Old 18.12.2007, 15:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 109 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,325 Posts
DaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputation
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

This is good advice.

dave

Quote:
View Post
If he's a lawyer, I would say he is probably worth it. Not because of the actual hours he put in on your tax declaration but because of the use you may have of him when you really need it. I.e. issues with your employer, work-permit, you want to set up your own company etc, etc. Sure, you can go to a new lawyer every time but that will probably cost you a lot more in the end and give you less.

So my advice would be to keep letting the lawyer doing your tax declaration as his "bread and butter" and by that building the relationship with your family. And here I'm talking from personal experience. To have a personal lawyer you can contact at any time for any issue without having to give your whole family history is worth _a lot_ in a foreign country. Actually had my lawyer solve a problem for me today which took him maybe 30 min which would have taken me several hours and probably not as successfully.