View Single Post
Old 09.02.2012, 14:16
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Acomakent has earned some respectAcomakent has earned some respect
Re: Leaving Zurich to London - need some info

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody, I'll take this topic to question something about cost of living between Zurich and London. To go right to the question:

I live in Zurich, I'm a Finance Analyst at a big company and I do about 120k CHF per year, I live by my self in a one room apartment. I'll receive a proposal do move to UK with a UK local contract. For you my Londoner fellows, how much in GBP should I negotiate with the company to get a similar life style?

Thanks for the help!!
You only have a 1 room apartment whilst on 120k a year? Either you are paying an exceptionally high rent or you are used to a lot of disposable income/saving a lot of your salary!

That taken, I would say it will be hard to do a like for like comparison on the salary basis here due to the vast size and diversity of London vs Zurich. On average the lving cost in London will be cheaper than Zurich overall, but it can depend on what area you chose to live in and the type of lifestyle you maintain. As you are going on a market salary without a build up or cost of living adjustment you would be better placed to look at sites such as Total Jobs, Frazer Jones, Digby Morgan, Micheal Page and other large London recruitment firms to see what the market average salary would be for the financial analyst role you are taking - again this can depend on experience, industy sector and exact location. As an extreme average, a financial analyst in the financial sector with 3-4 yrs of experience would be looking at between 55-65k per annum + benefits + bonus.

If you want to talk further (I have 15 yrs HR experience and have lived and worked in London most of my adult life) feel free to PM me and we can set some time to chat.

Last edited by Acomakent; 09.02.2012 at 14:18. Reason: typo