Old 09.02.2012, 14:25
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Acomakent has earned some respectAcomakent has earned some respect
Re: Leaving Zurich to London - need some info

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I hope you had a great start of the year and good time with your families in the holidays.

I received a note that in June I will have to move to London with the family.
First time for us to live in UK and after two years here in Zurich I guess that it's not gonna be a walk in the park.
Would appreciate any information regarding:
1. Reliable movers from Zurich to London (anyone knows how much time it might take? when we moved here it took few weeks due to vessel shipment...).

2. Any Visa information? we are Italian citizens and I need some info about the procedure prior to moving and what needs to be done.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

R

I could recommend the UTS network as I used them just recently from a UK to Zurich shipment and they were excellent. The counterpart firm here is Packimpex. Dependent on the shipment type and size it could taken anything from 1 week to 3 weeks. Though with a full family shipment I would expect a minimum of a 20ft container so it should be a direct full load surface shipment that would normally take a week.

Visa wise, as long as you all hold a valid EU passport, there is not a requirement here. Your employer will need to see a copy of this and you are obliged to register with the local council once you have chosen a place to settle. The UK, unlike Italy will not issue the equivalent of a Permesso di Soggiorno (so no need to go to the Prefeturra) and certainly does not have a Nulla Osta requirement for EU citizens.

Fammi sapere se ha bisogno di ultiri informazione