View Single Post
Old 13.02.2012, 15:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Zurich to London - need some info

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody, I'll take this topic to question something about cost of living between Zurich and London. To go right to the question:

I live in Zurich, I'm a Finance Analyst at a big company and I do about 120k CHF per year, I live by my self in a one room apartment. I'll receive a proposal do move to UK with a UK local contract. For you my Londoner fellows, how much in GBP should I negotiate with the company to get a similar life style?

Thanks for the help!!
For you I would suggest you have your apartment in a central zone in London, Zone 1 (or possibly border on Zone 2) and expect to pay a monthly rental of around 1,200 to 1,800 a month. This would not cover car parking. If you lived in Zone 1, as a single person, would suggest you not to have a car, the public transport would be good enough and you could top up with using Taxi. When you needed a car, you could hire one. There are schemes you can join to hire them by the hour. There is also the TFL Bicycle scheme in Zone 1 that is very reasonable