View Single Post
Old 14.02.2012, 01:25

Groaned at 39 Times in 20 Posts
vlad_island has annoyed a few people around herevlad_island has annoyed a few people around here
L permit\B Permit: a complex non-standard-situation. Any experts, please help!

Hello, I tried to search the forum, but my situation is very specific and complex. any hint from experienced people is very appreciated.

The situation is as follows:
* I (non-EU) am currently (since Sep 08) on student B permit due to PhD studies. I got a job offer and the employer said they will apply for a work permit for me.
* My wife (non-EU) used to have a student B permit (since Sep 08). Then, when we got married (Sep 09), her B permit has been changed by the immigration office (without asking us) to Family Reunion B permit (I was a phd student and thus with income, hence they attached her to me rather than vice versa). In February 2012 she left CH due to pregnancy (of course she made a de-registration (i.e. declaring that she leaves CH)). She is still registered as a student on maternity leave at the University of Zurich.

We plan that she will come back to Zurich with the baby in September 2012. She is expected to give a birth in May 2012. The employer in CH will apply for my work permit soon.

My question: What do you think would be the easiest and most efficient way to get my wife and the baby here in September 2012? I had 2 ideas:
1) To ask from the my potential employer to apply for this permit for my wife as well - but then, the baby is not born yet (hence the employer cannot apply for a permit for the baby), and will my wife be eligible to study if say she gets a "spouse dependent L permit"?
2) She will apply independently for a B student permit at the Swiss embassy in our home country (she is there right now) after giving a birth.

What do you think? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by vlad_island; 14.02.2012 at 01:28. Reason: typo