View Single Post
Old 14.02.2012, 09:48
vlad_island's Avatar
vlad_island vlad_island is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 433
Groaned at 39 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
vlad_island has annoyed a few people around herevlad_island has annoyed a few people around here
Re: L permit\B Permit: a complex non-standard-situation. Any experts, please help!

Thanks for the answer. This is one possibility. But possibly it would make sense for her to apply for a student visa (it will apparently grant her a B permit) at the Swiss Embassy in our home country (she is there right now due to her pregnancy)? It will make things much faster.

She is supposed to give a birth in May 12, and she would like to return to Switzerland in September 12.

What do you think?

View Post
I had a think about your question. Basically you can't have two permits for two different reasons - the authorities will merge them.

Even though she is de-registered with the Gemeinde, she may still hold the 'right' to residency. I'm not sure how complicated it will be to reinstate her permit/residency. Assuming that your residency permit has been approved (to work and live in Switzerland) then the employer should be able to apply also for your wife and later for the child. It might take time if the baby is not born in Switzerland... because you'll need all the baby's papers first before you can get the permit.

When do your permits roll over ? I would ask the employer to put the application in for your wife, to approve her as a dependent spouse, now, at the beginning of the process...because it could take a bit of time...
Reply With Quote