View Single Post
Old 14.02.2012, 11:13

Groaned at 39 Times in 20 Posts
vlad_island has annoyed a few people around herevlad_island has annoyed a few people around here
Re: L permit\B Permit: a complex non-standard-situation. Any experts, please help!

She is officially a student at the University of Zurich, even though she is on maternity leave. This status exists, believe me. Furthermore, she plans to continue studying after the birth (but even if she will not study, the status of a student on maternity leave has the same rights as just a student). Concerning funds - luckily in our situation it is not an issue - as she has adequate funds on her home country bank account.

But I get the point - probably what going to happen is that she will apply for a student visa, but the embassy or rather the Swiss authorities will tie her permit to mine?

Out-of-the-topic: What is more beneficial for visa issues - an ulimited work contract (i.e. no end date + 3 months notification of leave) or a fixed date contract?

Many thanks for your help, it is very appreciated. I have sent an email to the Swiss embassy in our home country, we'll see what they say, I'll put their answer here once I get it.