View Single Post
Old 15.02.2012, 10:32
juice99 juice99 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 425
Groaned at 37 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 119 Times in 60 Posts
juice99 has earned some respectjuice99 has earned some respect
Temporary leaving


i will be leaving switzerland for up to 6 months (5 months 3 weeks max.) to Australia

and i was wondering, what type of services i could put on hold?

I was told that i cannot cancel my health insurance, and i cannot deregister myself from Switzerland or i will loose my permit B (EU type). is it really like that?

If i don't deregister myself , then i will not be able to put on hold any of my services, like internet etc.

have someone went through this and can advice me what type of costs i could put on hold for 5 months?

Another thing is about taxes - Steueramt says i should pay taxes here, and Australia says i should pay it there... so i should pay it twice? I'm not sure if there is agreement to avoid double taxation between switzerland and australia...
Reply With Quote