View Single Post
Old 16.02.2012, 14:12
Forum Legend

Groaned at 97 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 8,520 Times in 4,261 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: work permit + entry visa...applied at the same time? [non-EU]

Quote:
View Post
I have the same problem - I don't understnd procedure of my applying for working visa and employers applying for work permit. Which must be followed by which? How does the whole procedure look?.
I would be happy if someone clarifies it for me.
You are apply for an entry visa (D) at the Swiss consulate where you are resident based on the fact that you intent to enter Switzerland to work. (entry visa)

Your employer is applying at the canton/approved at federal level for permission to employ you for that they need to request the right for you to live and work in Switzerland. (approval that a permit will be granted)

Once it has been approved IN Switzerland they will contact the consulate and the consulate will approve (or not) your D visa. (approval of entry visa)

When you arrive in Switzerland you will go to the commune were you are living and apply for your permit. It's one permit for living and working. There are no separate permits. (actual resident permit with authorization to work)