View Single Post
Old 26.12.2007, 01:09

Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
grey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Circumcision in Switzerland

I was born in Switzerland in '85 and was not circumcised at birth. I grew up in America and got some flak from my buddies when they discovered my elephant trunk shaped penis while showering up after wrestling practice. Why were they looking anyway? I was worried that a girl would freak out if she saw it, but the girls I dated in high school never cared.

Back to the point. I realized I had phimosis when I was 13. Yep, couldn't pull it back. My old man took me to a urologist for an evaluation/consultation. I had three choices. A full circumcision, two 3/4cm lateral incisions (preputioplasty), or the quite humorous dorsal slit (super-incision) which will leave your penis looking as if it's got a turkey neck.

I opted for the mild alternative - preputioplasty. The procedure went quite well, though the anesthetic injections were pretty painful. I was conscious and watched the doctor make the lateral incisions. After the operation I had my johnson wrapped in gauze for a month and couldn't play football my 7th grade year. I have two scars but they are minor and no one has ever noticed except for me. I'll never forget the feeling of my first erection that week following the surgery.

I was a little upset at the time at my dad for not having me circumcised at birth, but only because I was nervous/scared prior to the day of surgery. Now of course it's no big deal. I'm not sure what the statistics are on phimosis but I'm sure the chances are low.

Leave the skin on IMO. If there are complications later in your sons life, then worry about it.