View Single Post
Old 11.03.2012, 03:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,186 Times in 3,400 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Skier Nick Zoricic dies at World Cup event

Quote:
View Post
It is always sad to see that somebody so young has to die !! I still remember my 95 years old aunt in Geneva telling us about the moment when she got into downtown and became witness to a bank-robbery with some hostage-taking She had told police in charge that SHE would be available as a hostage feeling deeply that "die alchte Schachtel aus Budapest" has HAD her life, but that those young folks had theirs well ahead . She did not go into cover for a moment, and the culprits gave up, apparently being impressed by the "alte Schachtel von Budapest" . Aunt Kl.... was overjoyed to have been able to do something really positive at her age

MY question in such cases always is "what if YOU had had to go in ..." but have to conclude that I would have decided in favour of what the sportsmen did (do)
Thanks wolly!I find your contribution very refreshing
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post: