View Single Post
Old 12.03.2012, 10:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 102 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 9,771 Times in 4,116 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car seats for children - law change 1 April 2010

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
View Post
My children are seven and ten, weigh about 25kg and are about 120cm.
So need a safety seat... Can they use a half booster (like the pink one shown), or do they need a full booster???
As far as I'm aware ones like the pink one are booster seats and are applicable for your childrens' ages.

The bigger full seat is for smaller children.

My 5yr. old uses one similar to the pink one.
The grey one is not for smaller children - it is for older children and our 7 year old fits fine in his. We have friends with same-age children who have the small booster vs. the large

They are both for the same category. One is just safer than the other as it provides lumbar and head support in the event of a side-on collision. The smaller one has the advantage of being more transferable between cars if you have more than one.

Quote:
View Post
That is what I believe, too. My almost 8 year old is getting too tall for the ones like the gray one listed above - her head is no longer fully protected by the headrest. But I am trying to find an outside source to be sure...
I would be surprised if your child would be able to outgrow the head-rest on the seats that we have as they can slide up and down to suit the height of the child.

That said, it may just be that your child is big enough to no longer need a booster seat at all.