View Single Post
Old 16.03.2012, 12:48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tactica has no particular reputation at present
Re: Credit Score Rating/Agency in CH

Quote:
View Post
Why?
Amex is cr*p, not widely supported in Europe, and charges one of the highest fees around for retailers. Bad for business and so bad for customers.
Tts personal preference, while i have issues at some joints when using it in the EU region, Ive had most places in CH accept it. I understand why some whould disagree with AMEX, but its my card of choice and I am very happy camper.

Quote:
View Post
This is almost an urban myth, you don't have to have or use a credit card to have a good credit history. Paying bills on time, having regular income coming into your account etc could help. Credit Agencies are different from one country to another so I can't really comment about the ones you mentioned above. Having too much credit can also mean you are over committed and creditors will be reluctant to lend you more money. The credit scoring algorithms are different and take into account many things that could include your date of birth and gender.

To conclude, don't worry about it, by the time you're ready for a mortgage or loan, you will probably have a good history, and your bank will almost always lend you money if you've been with them over 2 years and kept your account in good shape.
I don't know about it being 100% a myth... Obviously I don't believe credit cards serve as the only variable in building credit, but I assumed they are an important element in determining client credit history. Maybe I was assuming wrong.