View Single Post
Old 16.03.2012, 13:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 71 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,702 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Credit Score Rating/Agency in CH

Quote:
View Post
I don't know about it being 100% a myth... Obviously I don't believe credit cards serve as the only variable in building credit, but I assumed they are an important element in determining client credit history. Maybe I was assuming wrong.
Well every credit card provider looks at the payment history differently, I mean if you have a good history of paying interest over a period of two years with a medium size balance then they would look at you like a cash cow generating money for them. if you are the type who spends money on the credit card regularly and pays it off at the end of every month, you might not look so good for a provider who wants to target customers of that kind but you will be quite favoured for a provider looking to get customers to increase their volume of transactions and hence the fees they get from retailers.

It all depends on the provider's target customer base. So just using a credit card doesn't necessarily increase your likelyhood of getting a loan or a mortgage with others.