View Single Post
Old 16.03.2012, 16:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 573 Times in 440 Posts
Thanked 26,597 Times in 12,205 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How about a gardening thread?

That is a very tricky one Do you know if they are wild or cultivated blackberries? If they are cultivated, eg the large juicy tasty ones- then I'd prune right back to about 15cm, dig them up and replant in an area where they will have support and not be in the way (wear strong gloves). If they are wild- it depends where they are. I'd wait for the leaves to come out properly and ask the garden centre for a strong weed-killer to spray on if no other precious to delicate plants are not the same area, or a pond, etc. And I would wait before replanting to see if new growth comes up again - in which case spray again. Then cut all off when it is dead and burn- dig up roots and get rid - then start planting - but no veg or fruit in the area for one season. It is going to be hard work, I warn you.

For the jasmine, I'd leave it well alone, feed it but not too much, mulch it with fresh compost and wait + cross fingers. Hopefully it will sprout back again. (maybe not..). I always give plants three chances before I give up on them

Logging off to spend a bit more time out there now it is not so boiling hot.
This user would like to thank Odile for this useful post: