View Single Post
Old 16.03.2012, 20:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 344 Times in 280 Posts
Thanked 15,441 Times in 7,915 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Diversity Visa Program

Quote:
View Post
I have never met anyone who has won the visa lottery and I've met a lot of foreigners. Sometimes I question this is actually real!

I have met people who have said they won but it turned out they married for a green card and one got his green card on an amnesty program.
In 2000 was real, I am absolutely sure 'cause an ex-neighbour of mine, oh well, actually of my parents, had won (in my country it is not uncommon that people living in the same building know a lot of each other). She was about 28 at the time, university degree, work experience..I (now) wonder how much of a lottery actually was. Anyways, she succesfully emigrated there, but "had" to marry before so she could bring her fiancee at that time, now husband. Not bad at all, they have 2 gorgeous American kids now..I am not sure what happened after 2001 though, I guess the whole system became so much more stricter, if actually functions at all.