View Single Post
Old 18.03.2012, 16:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 53 Times in 23 Posts
jerallie has a reputation beyond reputejerallie has a reputation beyond reputejerallie has a reputation beyond reputejerallie has a reputation beyond repute
A Lunch Place Not Open AT LUNCH!!!!!!

This post has been two days in the works because I was deciding whether or not to write it. Will people just tell me that I need to stop complaining and go npback to where I came from? This is Switzerland they will say. But after thinking for a while I decided....l have to post this.

At work I almost always bring my lunch because eating out every lunch would be an expensive endeavor that could be used for better things. Anyway, I forgot my lunch Friday and have always seen co-workers with delicious sandwiches from a local sandwich/bakery down the street. So noon hits, the kids go to recess and I stroll down to the sandwich shop. As I approach, I see the door closed and lights off. "oh no" I think, "did something bad happen?" As I get closer, I see the sign. Closed daily from 12:00 to 14:00. HOW THE F DOES A LUNCH PLACE CLOSE AT LUNCH!!!?? This is the dumbest thing I have EVER heard of. Is this not completely insane to anyone else? When I got back with no lunch, I asked them how they got theirs and they responded by saying that you have to go in the morning, before they close for lunch!!! Sometimes I think that business here don't actually want BUSINESS...lunch places closing at lunch, grocery stores closed by 5. Holy #*%#.....rant over.

I now truly believe my Swiss co-worker who always tells me that the Swiss revel in the art of inconvenience. This is true proof of that.
The following 39 users would like to thank jerallie for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at jerallie for this post: