Old 22.03.2012, 22:38
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heidi0706 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Pregnant and moving to Zurich!

Quote:
View Post
Hi Heidi,

I think you'll find that Switzerland is a great place for raising children because it is so relatively safe here. However, things are VERY expensive here and the selections in stores are very small compared to what you'll find in the US or the UK, so I strongly suggest that you bring all that you can from the UK that you will need for yourself and for the baby. Baby furniture is also expensive here (and again, a very small selection), so a lot of people go over the border into Germany to buy baby stuff. That's what we did, and we saved a lot of money.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I hope you enjoy your time here!
Thankyou for this advice, I absolutely loved the shopping in America, everything was very easy, a supermarket sold everything from Apples to Washing machines!! but I am also used to the shopping lifestyle in Tenerife where its very difficult to get anything without travelling around and paying through the nose. Having looked on the internet the shops seem very similar in Zurich to those in Tenerife. We are having our baby items (crib, chair, etc...) shipped over from the USA, and I am planning on making a quick detour to the UK to stock up on all my hospital and baby essentials, so I am not running around Zurich panicing over where I can buy breast pads from, lol!!
I am hoping Amazon ship to Switerland, they do to Tenerife, then I can sit back and do alot of baby shopping online in the future.
Are you based in Zurich?