View Single Post
Old 29.03.2012, 13:17
BigB.ZH BigB.ZH is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 171
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 125 Times in 60 Posts
BigB.ZH has slipped a little
Re: got letter for taxes

View Post
i got a letter for filing taxes and currently my tax has been deducted at source, ie i pay withholding tax at source. the letters and forms ( a set) all in german. i have the tax certificate from employer and also the social obligation certificate.
now why have i got this tax form and that too all in German.
do i need a consultant ? Zurich. What do i need to fill in, also are there any more deductibles i can put like insurance premiums ? rent etc.
I got a similar set of documents from Tax Department though my tax is deducted at source. You may ignore these documents if you do not have anything to claim for tax reimbursement.

A loan, an expensive car, an expensive health insurance, transportation cost to work and anything you send home to your family for dependent care....all these entitle you for some exemption and reimbursement in this particular case as your tax is also deducted at source.

I came across the following contact from EF and the consultant speaks English and is very friendly. He charged me a decent CHF 100.00 for filing the return because my taxes are deducted at source and there was very less for him to do except for filling in the form correctly and filing my case.

Mr.Christian Rufer
Mobile +41 79 636 35 08
Tel. +41 44 877 72 72
ALPHA Finanzplanung AG
Grindelstrasse 6
CH-8304 Wallisellen

You might want to hurry up as the deadline for filing tax return or any claims is end of March, but I have heard there can be a exception of few days.

Last edited by BigB.ZH; 29.03.2012 at 13:20. Reason: added more information
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BigB.ZH for this useful post: