View Single Post
Old 29.03.2012, 13:56

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tea for Roo has earned some respectTea for Roo has earned some respect
Re: got letter for taxes

Quote:
View Post
Hi all, i contacted Denise @ Colfina at the beginning of March. I subsequently sent off all the material requested for my tax return but have heard nothing in over 3 weeks. The material was received - the Swiss Post report says as much. My emails are not responded too and the phone numbers for Colfina now seem to be dead. Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business? It all seems very odd given the recommendations on the forum and the email correspondence I had with Denise earlier this month. Thanks.
I've used Colfina for the last 4 years. The first year was excellent speedy service but it was a late in the year return. The second year and third year were done on time but this year I've experienced a hic up.

I sent in all the information in as early as I could this year but we were still awaiting one or two details on accounts my children have in the UK. These were sent late feb but were "missed" on their arrival. I found this out when I chased Colfina early this month. I received an apology and was told that the tax forms would be completed and returned. Today,a day before the deadline, still nothing.

So I tried to phone this morning, line dead. I sent an email and got the following

Thank you for your email.
Due to an upgrade of our telephone and internet installation March 29th 2012 we partly will be disconnected. Thank you for understanding.

Which is probably explains why you and I both can't get through. Now I understand that upgrades and stuff need to happen but I would have thought that if you deal in taxes, this would not be the best day to upgrade your systems. But perhaps they had no choice.

Are there penalties for late filing?
I like Denise at Colfina, she's been really good and taken time to explain things but I'm a complete nervous wreck when it comes to taxes (and about most things really). I try not to chase her too often as I think she is likely to be very busy and I don't want to appear to be a complete control freak but lateness in these matters always makes tense.

I hope she responds to my emails soon.

Last edited by Tea for Roo; 29.03.2012 at 13:57. Reason: Forgot to add the final question
The following 2 users would like to thank Tea for Roo for this useful post: